The White Box - A Game Designer Workshop-in-a-Box
The White Box es una caja con componentes para diseñar tu propio juego. Además, viene con un libro de ensayos sobre diseño de juegos y producción. Incluye también material descargable: libro, audiolibro y dos print-and-play (Letter-Head y Band or Album).
Versión Kickstarter. Producto en inglés
The White Box is a learning, planning, and prototyping tool for tabletop game designers.
It contains a book of 18 essays on game design and production, covering subjects like where to find a great concept, how to use randomness, what to ask playtesters, and whether it’s wise to self-publish.
It includes an abundance of components to get you started right away, from cubes and meeples to dice, discs, and chits.
Maybe you have a golden idea inside you burning to come out. Maybe you want to tell a story or explore a problem. Do you dream of seeing your name on a box at your local game store? Or perhaps you see game design as a path to fame, fortune, and a satisfying career.
The White Box is for aspiring professionals, creative young people, and literally anyone who’s ever wanted to build their own game without having to plunder their game library for bits.
If you believe creating games is awesome, The White Box is for you.
WHAT'S IN THE PACKAGE?
- The White Box Essays, a 128-page perfect bound book about how to make games
- Two punchboard sheets of custom counters and markers, some blank, others pre-printed with numbers, actions, elements, icons, and more
- 100 standard wooden cubes (25 each of red, green, yellow, and blue, 8 mm each)
- 24 standard wooden meeples (6 each of red, green, yellow, and blue, 12 mm each)
- 4 giant wooden cubes (1 each of red, green, yellow, and blue, 25 mm each)
- 40 plastic discs (10 each of red, green, yellow, and blue, 12 x 3 mm each)
- 50 plastic discs (25 each of gold and silver, 12 x 3 mm each)
- 8 standard six-sided dice (2 each of red, green, yellow, and blue, 16 mm each)
- A $5 gift card to The Game Crafter, thanks to their generosity (limitations apply — one redemption per account, for example)
- A $5 coupon card for printing at DriveThruCards, thanks to their generosity (limitations may apply)
- A $10 offer for custom card printing from Cartamundi, as part of their sponsorship of The White Box (see our May 16 backer update). Note that this offer only extends to campaign backers, including Brick & Mortar backers' first wholesale purchase.
Two more essays bring the total to 20.
The digital edition of Jeff Tidball's Band or Album social game.
A third sheet of punchboard tokens.
A set of black components:
- 25 standard (8 mm) black wooden cubes
- 6 standard (12 mm) black wooden meeples
- 1 giant (25 mm) black wooden cube
- 10 plastic (12 x 3 mm) black discs
- 2 standard (16mm) black six-sided dice
Guest essays from Erin Hawley, Jay Little, and Jeff Tidball.
An audiobook version of The White Box Essays.
Four more essays from Jeremy Holcomb. They'll cover contracts, Kickstarter, writing sell sheets, and promoting and demonstrating your game at conventions.